Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Whoa, Baby

So.  Pregnancy.  I am currently in the very middle of my third and final (we think) pregnancy.  I say, "we think," because the last two were totally unplanned.  This one was the first one that we tried for, and I use the word "tried" very loosely.  Basically, we went off birth control and were pregnant 6 days later. 

This has been a difficult pregnancy.  I'm a little high risk anyway because I have epilepsy, so I have to go to my neurologist a couple of times during the pregnancy as well as my ob.  But this time around, I've had the added complication of a low lying placenta (thankfully, that problem has corrected itself), a partially detached placenta (that problem will not go away -- and may get worse) and a marginal insertion of the umbilical cord -- also something we'll be dealing with until the little guy comes.  I'm just coming off of a month and a half of bedrest, and I'll need to be carefully monitored for the rest of the pregnancy to make sure the baby is growing well.  It's not terribly fun.  

BUT.  It could totally be worse.  Right now, the baby is doing perfectly -- growing well and moving all over the place.  And I'm able to resume normal activities for now.  I've heard so many horror stories about months and months of bedrest that I really can't complain.  Plus, my family and my church have both jumped in to help -- it's been so incredible to experience the outpouring of love from everyone.          

So, this is what I look like right now.  Last Saturday we went down to the beach (again, it's so uncharacteristically warm down here) and took some photos.  I am 21 weeks along (a little over five months), but I've always started showing early, and with each baby I seem to get bigger and bigger.  


Here's all of me ;)


And, to get a little artsy on ya.


We couldn't go down to the beach without taking some pictures of the kiddos, so here you go:

Still sporting the cowboy hat.  I really like profile shots.


I just loved the lighting in these next two.



Thanks for reading!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I read your post before...well after...about being on bedrest and nesting. I was on "dont do anything" bed rest with my second and third. It's very hard with toddlers!!!
    It's been since last year since I totally threw away everything expired {nesting}...I probably should do it again!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It IS so hard with toddlers -- not sure what I would have done without help. It's nice to hear that others have gone through similar stuff before. :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly love reading your comments!